This FAQ details setting up a compulsory Terms and Conditions checkbox that gets presented to clients on booking.
Custom Booking fields can be used to create a checkbox that must be selected in order to proceed.
Steps to create a “Terms and Conditions” checkbox
- Install the Custom Field Add-on under settings>Add-ons>custom fields
- A new menu will appear where you can create a custom field under settings>custom fields>fields for booking
- Alternatively you can create a Custom Field for Customer
- Add a new custom field using the “Add custom field” button
- The details of the field label will be half in HTML code as in the example below.
Accept <a href="https://docs.itme.guru" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">Terms and Conditions</a>
- Field type will be a checkbox
- Field width can be full width
- Field visibility should be “Visable to Everyone”
- Required? should be ticked.
- Save the new Custom Booking Field
Now when the customer books they will be required to check the “Accept Terms and Conditions” which has a HTML link so they can view the conditions.